Monday, February 5, 2007

Slow Cooker Recipes

Slow Cooker Recipes

Hearty Beef Stew

Ingredients:

1 Pound beef stew meat
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1 medium onion
1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes
6 carrots
4 potatoes
1 can beef broth

Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste to the flour. Coat the meat with the flour mixture.
Heat the oil over med heat in a skillet. Quickly brown the meat. Place the browned meat along with the pan drippings in the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients. You can add any other vegetables that you like. I usually add a can of yellow corn to mine. Add enough water to cover all ingredients.

Cook on HIGH setting 6 hours or LOW setting for 8-10 hours.

Serves four.

TIP: If time permits in the morning I will start it off on HIGH for about an hour and then turn it to low before I leave for work.

SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with thick sliced sourdough bread!!

Enjoy this delicious slow cooker recipe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love a good slow cooker recipe! I'll be back often! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by me blog. I love to cook too. I am Misfoxy btw.

Unknown said...

YES!!!! I love my crockpot! This a definite place I will return to - could sure use some good slow cooker recipes. Thanks for checking out my blog, stop in again sometime.

Unknown said...

Forgot to mention that my blog is Chef it up, yo!

jdh said...

crockpots, souppots... we are like family. thanks for stopping by sjdc, and congrats on being a new grandma!

This book is JUST PLAIN FUN ( and amazing)